Federal Grants

Federal Grants are funded by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE). To apply for Federal Grants, students must submit a Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) every year. Federal Grants are need-based awards. Not all students who file a FAFSA will be eligible for this aid type. 

For more detailed information on Federal grants, please see the Federal Student Aid (FSA) website.

Gift aid for Undergraduate and Teaching Credential students with exceptional financial need. Amounts offered on the Student Center is based on the assumption that the student will be in 12 units or more. Students who enroll in less than 12 units will have a prorated (adjusted) amount.

Disbursement Percentage Amount of Units
Full award (100%) 12 units or more per semester
Three quarter time (75%) 9 to 11 units per semester
Half time (50%) 6 to 8 units per semester
Less than half time (25%) 1 to 5 units per semester

IMPORTANT REMINDER: The amount of your Pell Grant is dependent on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number, which can be found in your Student Aid Report (SAR) after completing your FAFSA.

Gift aid for Undergraduate (freshman and sophomore) students with exceptional financial need, with awards ranging from $200 to $700 per academic year. A student must have submitted a FAFSA by the March 2nd priority deadline.

Minimum Enrollment Requirement: 12 units.