The Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) strives to support students throughout the financial aid process. OSFA has the overall responsibility of administering federal and state financial aid and scholarships for San Francisco State University. We determine the eligibility, awarding and the conditions in which federal and state aid may be disbursed.
OSFA communicates with students via their SF State email and/or their Gateway account. Make sure to check both, regularly. Watch a short video on how to use Gateway, and follow these steps to access your financial aid status on Gateway.
- 2018-2019 Financial aid awards or "To Do list" items have been posted. Log in to your Student Center to view your status.
- Summer 2018 Financial Aid Information
- 2018-2019 FAFSA still available! Students may continue to submit a FAFSA application past the March 2, 2018 priority deadline.
Limited Financial Aid Counselor hours on the following dates:
- Wednesday (3/28, 4/4 and 4/11) from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Thursday (3/29, 4/5 and 4/12) from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Due to the high volume of document processing, our Financial Aid Counselors will not available on a drop-in counseling or by telephone. During our office closure, our student assistant will be available to accept documents and answer general questions only. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Other links and resources
How and when to apply. To receive financial aid, you must apply every year.
Net Price calculator. Estimate your prospective financial aid eligibility at SF State. The Net Price Calculator is not an official offer of financial aid nor an application for financial aid, but rather a tool for estimating your eligibility.