The Office of Financial Aid will communicate with you through "Student Center" on Gateway and email. Be sure to check both, regularly
to receive Financial aid you must apply FAFSA every year.
Estimate your prospective financial aid eligibility at SF State. The Net Price Calculator is not an official offer of financial aid nor an application for financial aid, but rather a tool for estimating your eligibility.
to see your latest financial aid information at SF State, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Or watch a short video How to Use Gateway.
- 2018-2019 FAFSA available now! Priority deadline: March 2, 2018
- Disbursement dates for Spring 2018
- Middle class scholarships disbursement information
Financial Aid Awards
Financial Aid Tuition Fee Deferment
Financial aid fee deferments already posted in the holds and alerts section
Ensure your application is complete by checking the following:
Check your e-mail account to see if we have sent you an email regarding items on your Student Center to-do list. All financial aid related to-do list items must be submitted to our office before we can give you an award. Please make sure you turn in all necessary documents as soon as possible.
- Already submitted documents? Please allow 4 weeks for our office to review them. Remember, all to do list items must be submitted before we can offer an award. Pending items will that will delay your awarding process.
- Continue to check your student center and email, as we may be prompted to assign additional follow up documents, which we will post on your student center.
Still haven't submitted a FAFSA or CA Dream App yet?
Students who have missed the March 2 priority deadline are still highly encouraged to apply for financial aid. Please apply as soon as possible!