Scholarship Search Chart to assist you with your search.
Read the scholarship eligibility requirements (e.g., major, gpa, enrollment requirement to receive the scholarship, other requirements as stated) and questions carefully to determine if you are qualified BEFORE applying.
It is important to note the keyword search searches the specific word(s) you select from the text used in our database.
Campus Scholarship Search
You can conduct a keyword search by:
- Specific keyword (e.g., veterans, AB540, disability, community service, community involvement, etc.)
- Major or college (e.g., enter your major into the keyword box and click search for a list of scholarships or Science and Engineering, Liberal & Creative Arts, Health and Social Sciences, Business, Graduate College of Education, Ethnic Studies)
- Enrollment status (e.g., entering or continuing)
- Scholarship name
Or click the "Show Filters" button to search by "Scopes" (scholarships grouped by department or office; for example, Journalism, College of Business, Office of Student Financial Aid, etc.),
- If you have questions, contact the campus office listed.
External Scholarship Search
Check out AcademicWorks by clicking here! Then click the "Visit" link to go to the organization's website for more information or to apply for the external scholarship. If you have questions, contact the organization.
You can also conduct a keyword search by:
- Specific keyword (e.g., veterans, AB 540 or AB540, women, disabilities, high school senior, etc.). Try searching by using variations of the same word. For example, women, woman, female, Hispanic, Latino, disability, disabilities.
- Major: enter your major (e.g., business, engineering, biology, film, etc..) into the keyword box and click search for a list of scholarships.
- Ethnicity (e.g., African American, Asian, Hispanic, Latino/Latina, Jewish, etc.)
- County (e.g., San Mateo county, Contra Costa county, San Francisco county, Marin county, Bay Area, etc.)
- Scholarship name
- Enrollment status (e.g., entering, continuing)
To learn more about the opportunity click the Scholarship name.
Fields on the individual Scholarship page and what they mean:
- Enrollment Status: "Any" means entering students and continuing SF State students are eligible to apply.
- Enrollment Requirements: "Full-Time" means 12 units for undergraduate students and 8 units for graduate students.
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA or CA Dream App
- "Yes" means applicant must submit a FAFSA or CA Dream App and have financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- "Not a Requirement" means you do not have to file a FAFSA or CA Dream App to determine financial need.
- "Must file a FAFSA" means students must file a FAFSA and students who cannot file a FAFSA are not eligible.
- Check the "Criteria" to see if you must demonstrate financial need another way.
- Citizenship: "Any" means that any citizenship status may be eligible, including international students, undocumented students, and students with AB540 status (check with organization).
If the application deadline has passed and you've determined that you are eligible for the scholarship, look over what is needed to apply and begin preparing for next year's competition.
Our office makes every attempt to remain current with the scholarship information and we encourage your feedback if you determine that a scholarship's information requires an update. Contact the Scholarship organization or campus department for the most up-to-date scholarship information.
For PDF files, you'll need Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or above to view it. If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader it's available free from Adobe.