Federal Grants

Federal grants are funded by the U.S. Department of Education. To apply for Federal grants, students must submit a Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) every year. Federal grants are need based; not all students who file a FAFSA will be eligible for this aid type. 

For more detailed information on Federal grants, please see the Federal Student Aid website. 



Federal Pell Grant

Gift aid for undergraduate and teacher credential students with exceptional need. Amounts offered on students' Financial Aid Award page is assuming a 12 unit enrollment. Students who enroll in less than 12 units will have a prorated amount.

  • Full award = 12 units per semester
  • 3/4 award = 9 - 11 units per semester
  • Half award = 6 - 8 units per semester
  • Less-than-half time = 1-5 units for undergraduates only

Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

Gift aid for undergraduate students with exceptional need, with awards ranging from $200 to $700 per academic year. Minimum Enrollment Requirement: 12 units.