Spring 2021 Disbursements Begin January 20, 2021
The first disbursement date for Spring 2021 financial aid is scheduled on January 21, 2021. Subsequent disbursements occur once a week each Wednesday throughout the semester, and you will only receive a refund if there is remaining aid needed to disburse for that semester after all fees have been paid. Ensure that your financial aid is ready for disbursement by checking the following:
You are enrolled in at least half-time (6 units undergrad, 4 units graduate)
Students with grant awards must be enrolled full-time (12 units undergrad, 7 units graduate) to receive the entire amount in "accepted" status
- There are no financial aid-related items on your To Do List
- There are no other holds preventing disbursment (examples: Campus Financial Obligations, FA SAP Hold)
Tuition Deferment for Financial Aid Recipients
If you will be receiving financial aid, you do not need to worry about the tuition payment deadline of 1/13. You will not be dropped from your classes and will have no issues starting the semester even if you see an amount listed as “Due Now” in your Student Center.
Please note, financial aid recipients are responsible for dropping all classes from their schedule if they do not plan to attend. You will incur charges if this is not completed by 1/24.
Your aid will be applied to your tuition and on-campus housing charges by Wednesday 1/20. After this date, if there is any excess aid we will refund that amount back to you. If there are still charges listed in your Student Center after 1/20 you will need to pay that amount by 2/21 or risk having a late fee applied.
The fastest and easiest way to receive your refund is by signing up for Direct Deposit in your Student Center. Follow these steps to sign up, or to confirm that you already have signed up:
- Log on to the SF State Gateway at gateway.sfsu.edu.
- Under the Student heading, click on “Financial/Jobs,”, then click on “Student Center.”
- Under the “My Account” heading click on “Enroll In Direct Deposit” Follow the prompts to add or confirm your banking information. See this video for more Direct Deposit info.