SPRING 2018 DISBURSEMENT DATES FOR FINANCIAL AID FUNDS:
Disbursement for Spring 2018
The Bursar's Office will begin processing Direct Deposits on:
(Allow minimum 3 business days for the deposit to reach your account). If you do not participate to the Direct Deposit process - Financial aid balance checks will be mailed out beginning : 01/22/2018
Tuition and Registration Fee Payment
Financial aid funds, including all Federal Direct Student Loans (FDSLs), are disbursed each semester and are applied to tuition and registration fees, and/or other outstanding obligations to the University (for example short-term loan, on-campus residential charges, etc.). If the awarded and accepted financial aid is not sufficient to cover tuition and registration fees in full, students must pay the outstanding balance before the first day of the semester. Payments received on or after the first day of the semester will be assessed a non-refundable administrative late fee.
Requirements to Receive Your Financial Aid Funds
View and Aceept your Financial Aid Award Offer on line.
Your financial aid will be canceled if you do not meet all of the disbursement conditions.
- Complete all requirements (promissory notes, Loan entrance counseling).
- Meet satisfactory academic progress requirements for financial aid
- Resolve all financial aid holds.
- Enroll in at least the minimum units required for the types of financial aid you have been awarded. Being on a waiting list for a class does not constitute enrollment.
When students Will Receive Financial Aid Funds
Students who have met all disbursement requirements and who have signed up for direct deposit should receive their financial aid/scholarship balance payments as early as four (4) business days prior to the first day of instruction. If a student cannot participate or is unable to sign up for the direct deposit program, paper checks will be processed and mailed out by the first day of instruction. During the semester, disbursements are scheduled within 5 to 10 business days after all financial aid requirements are met.
To authorize and signup for Direct Deposit.
- You will need your nine-digit SF State ID number and SF State password to log on.
Your financial institution's checking/savings account and routing number.
For checking accounts, the routing number and account number are located at the bottom of your checks.
For savings accounts, call your bank or credit union and ask for the routing number. Account numbers can usually be found on bank statements or passbooks. (If you do not currently have a bank or credit union account, you must first open one in order to sign up for direct deposit. Most financial institutions are offering free checking accounts for students).
- The financial aid disbursements for direct deposit participants will begin as early as four (4) business days prior to the 1st day of instruction. Paper checks will be issued and mailed to students as early as the 1st day of instruction.