Summer Disbursement Schedule:
- Session R1 & R4 : 06/17/2018
- Session R2 : 07/05/2018
- Session R3 : 07/22/2018 weekly until 08/08/2018 (last summer disbursement)
Note: If student enrolled in two different sessions (R1 & R2) or (R2 & R3) the disbursement will be the last session date.
To be awarded with Summer aid you must:
- Be eligibility for at least one of the three aid types under the financial aid section.
- Be registered in at least 6 units (undergraduate students) or 4 units (graduate students) during the Summer Priority Registration period.
- Students do not get awarded until after they have reported their summer units using the "Report Summer Units" link on their 2018 Financial Aid Award page, located in their Student Center.
Summer 2018 Priority Registration for Continuing Students:
- All Sessions (R1 - R4): April 9 - 13, 2018
Summer 2018 Open Registration:
R1 & R4: April 23 - May 25, 2018 @5pm
R2: June 4 – June 15 @5pm
R3: June 4 – July 6 @5pm
How to Register:
Check your Enrollment Appointment
Log into your Student Center on the SF State Gateway to view your priority registration appointment and check for any holds. Once your enrollment appointment arrives, registration is available 24/7 during Priority Registration until 11:59PM on April 9, 2018.
Search the Class Schedule Using Gator Scheduler
Search the class schedule for Summer 2018 courses at: www.sfsu.edu/online/clssch.htm. Be sure to use the Gator Scheduler feature in your Student Center to help you find classes to fit your schedule. You can start loading your shopping cart now so you are ready to register when your priority appointment arrives.
- Choose from courses offered during four different sessions:
R1 - June 5 – July 7 (5 weeks)
R2 - June 19 - August 11 (8 weeks)
R3 - July 10 - August 11 (5 weeks)
R4 – June 5 – August 11 (10 weeks)
Register and pay through your mobile device! Download the SF State Mobile app!
Check to see if you have any holds on your record. Remember, you can't register for classes until you have cleared your holds.
Summer 2018 Financial Aid
There are several types of financial aid available for students interested in enrolling in summer courses:
State University Grant (SUG): Students who were awarded with SUG during the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters could be eligible for SUG in Summer 2017.
Note: Students who received a Cal Grant may be eligible for a Summer SUG, if their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is 5300 or below.
Federal Loans: Students who did NOT accept the maximum amount of loans during the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters will be reoffered their remaining loan eligibility.
Federal Pell Grant: Students who did NOT receive the maximum amount of Pell during the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters will be reoffered their remaining Pell eligibility.
Parent and Grad PLUS loans: If you would like to pursue a PLUS loan in the summer, please contact our PLUS coordinator, Kimberly Yagi email@example.com.
To be awarded with Summer aid, you must:
- Have eligibility for at least one of the three aid types listed above
- Be registered in at least 6 units (undergraduate students) or 4 units (graduate students) during the Summer priority registration.
Note:Students do not get awarded until after they have reported their summer units using the "Report Summer Units" link on their 2018 Financial Aid Award page, located in their Student Center.
For complete information on Summer 2018 tuition fees, deadlines for payment, and refund schedule please visit the Bursar’s Office website.