We have begun notifying students of either their financial aid award offer or to do list items posted on their student center.
To log in to your student center, follow these steps:
- Go to gateway.sfsu.edu
- Enter your "SF State ID and password".
- Under Student heading select "Financial/Jobs"
- Select "Student Center"
You will see the "To Do List" on the right hand side, and you will see “View Financial Aid Award” on the left-hand side, under the Finances section.
If you received a financial aid offer:
You may review and accept your offer on the student center. Please note the following:
Grants are automatically accepted on your behalf
- Cal Grants will be posted on the Student Center mid-summer 2018. If you are a Cal Grant applicant and have any questions about the status of your award, contact the California Student Aid Commission at 888-224-7268 or login to your Web Grants 4 Students account at mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov.
Direct Loan offers must be accepted by the student and/or the parent (if there is a Parent PLUS loan offer)
- There are additional steps to receiving a direct loan. Students will receive a follow up email in June 2018 to complete the loan process.
- Once loan offers have been accepted, they cannot be adjusted on the student center. Students who would like to adjust their loan amounts should email OSFA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disbursement of financial aid will occur one week before the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester.
If you have "to do list" items:
- Follow the directions listed in the details of each "to do list" item
- Submit all items as soon as possible to avoid late award notification or reduced funding
- Submit all items via mail or in-person only. Do not fax or email any documents to OSFA.
- Allow up to 4 weeks for our office to review documents. Remember, all "to do list" items must be submitted before we can offer an award.
- Continue to check your student center and email, as we may be prompted to assign additional follow up documents, which we will post on your student center.
- Please read the verification page for more information about the verification process.
If you have neither a financial aid award nor "to do list" items:
Please allow 1-2 weeks processing time if you recently submitted a FAFSA or CA Dream application. Contact OSFA if you have not been notified on the status of your financial aid only after two weeks since submitting your application.
For Freshman or Transfer applicants and admitted students for the 2018-2019 academic year, if you currently do not have a financial aid award or any "to do list" items on your student center, please wait until early April to receive an updated status from OSFA.